We stopped off in Beechworth on our way to Canberra, neither of us has been there in years; what a wonderful place to visit for a weekend. We enjoyed it so much we stayed on the way home from Canberra too!
- Beechworth Bakery (we were a little disappointed, we have had better on previous trips
- Beechworth Old Gaol – don’t forget the Courthouse and lovely gardens nearby
- Beechworth Ghost Tours (we did night tour at the Asylum)
- Gorgeous scenery out and about, especially the drive around the bridge; Woolshed Waterfalls is a must
- There is a fabulous pizzeria and local beer place, Bridge Road Brewers……………..amazing pizza and great local ciders and soft drinks
- We stayed at Beechworth on Bridge…………….fantastic motel, comfy rooms, great service, great price