As December draws to a close, I guess it is only natural to turn our thoughts to the year ahead. I have no real plans for 2016 at this point in time; however 2015 was pretty much the same, apart from our planned trip to the New Zealand. I ended up with three Holidays (NZ, Uluru and Great Ocean Road), plus a new car, a new camera, new lens………..add it all up 2015 was a damn good year!
What did I achieve in 2015
- I learned how to take Long Exposures with and without ND Filters
- I learned how to create fabulous images with light painting
- I learned Astro Photography
- I learned how to use fabulous software like Lightroom and Nik Effects, Topaz Labs and more in depth Photoshop
- I learned stacked shots and macro photography
- I learned a lot about New Zealand and Uluru & Kata Tjuta
- I learned buying a new car is not always fun and games
- I learned selling second hand cars is painful
- I learned cameras don’t bounce very well :-p
What do I hope to achieve in 2016
- Learn off camera Flash photography for portraiture
- Learn more about Natural light photography for portraiture
- Build my Studio up and take on more clients
- Shoot more sunrise and sunsets
- Visit more remote locations in Victoria
- Do more creative photographic shoots, not just standard portraits
- Getting fitter and healthier (to do all of the above), but we all say this don’t we, how many actually do it?
I have started to set up my online Portfolio, if you haven’t been to visit me on other Social Media Platforms, please do
You can find me on Instagram julie.powell.589
So, what were the high lights of 2015 for you? Was it a great year, a bad year or just so-so?
Here are just a few of my favs for the year, in no real order
Wishing you all the best for a Year Happy New Year in 2016, and may all your dreams come true. Travel Safe!