Another item on my christmas list was a new tripod my old Velbon was having issues, we still have the Manfrotto, but it is also having wonky leg issues and it is way too heavy. So a friend showed me a link for the new Vanguard Alta Pro 263AB Tripod with SBH100 Ballhead (V230269) [this is not where I bought it from, but it does have pics and specs] I got mine from Amazon for US$150.00…….but I can no longer find the link 😦
- Lightweight (5.38 lbs/2.44 kg)
- Maximum Height of 5.67′ (1.73 m)
- Load Capacity of 15.4 Lbs (7 kg)
- Folded Length is 28.125″ (71.5 cm)
- Magnesium Alloy Ballhead Included
- Ballhead Includes 2 Bubble Levels
- 25- 50- and 80-Degree Leg Angles
- Central Column Moves From 0-180 Degrees
It was a little tricky to figure out the central column, but once done it is brilliant.
- Levels are wonderful – straight photos (well mostly)
- Perfect for flat lays and awkward positions
- nice and light, easy to carry
- Quick set up and take down
- leg clips easy to use with cold stiff fingers 🙂
- Quick and easy mount for tripod
- lovely fluid motion with ball head.
- All screws and clips are easy to turn, twist or click; I have limited mobility in my hands at times (apart from the screw for the head mount)
- Carry bag does not have pocket for bits and pieces
- I’m afraid to hang too much weight off the central column, it just does not feel sturdy enough, when fully extended
- It’s possibly just me and it being new but the ball head feels a little clunky at times.
- The head mount is a pain to screw into the camera and needs the key (which is still attached to my tripod) or a coin. The Velbon and Manfrotto has a lever to twist.
Overall I love it, lightweight and easy to use, I took it with me on a trip to the sand dunes and nice and light, quick set up etc. the ball head and levels are fabulous.
In conclusion I do love it…………nothing is perfect, but for right now it comes pretty damn close 🙂