Here are this week’s questions from Melanie for SYW, weird timing in some ways with the state of our world currently. Generally, I try not to hold strong views on political issues, but there are some hot button topics this week. Beware and be warned rants coming…
- Guns? Are you pro or con? Explain your point of view. Honestly, I don’t have a problem with guns, just people. I grew up around guns, I have even fired one (at a target and was pretty damn good), but I do not believe they are EVERYONEs right, some people are to easy to anger, impulsive, unstable or just plain murderous. In Australia, we had our gun laws forever changed after an unforgivable mass murder…we thought we were safe (well from guns), murders still happen, now they use knives and cars or all things. But lately, it is all we ever hear on the news, someone got shot! Something has happened and our Gun Laws are no longer protecting us. I used to be proud of our laws and ability to bring it about pretty damn quick, but something needs to be done BEFORE something really bad happens again, mostly it seems to be gang or drugs related, underground movements bringing guns into the country. I think Automatic Guns should be outlawed, I cannot see a need for them, certainly not for hunting or for sport, really what kind of sport is it to empty a clip into an animal?
- How would your country change if everyone, regardless of age, could vote? We just had a Federal Election announced this week for Australia, granted in view of what is happening in other countries, we do have it pretty good, but our politicians are a bunch of rowdy school children and cannot be brought to behave. One is no better than the other, how can we vote on our nation’s interests with this quarrelling idiots to run the country. Their political platforms are based on how bad the other side is…seriously? What about healthcare, aged care, education, roads and so much more. I don’t care if THAT guy slept someone out of wedlock, or if that guy owns some nightclub or whatever garbage they are on about. Tell me what YOU can do for ME, for my Electorate, not what I can do for you!
- What’s your cure for hiccups? Pinch my nose and hold my breath, sometimes it works, but not always, sometimes a drink will help, but again not always.
- What’s the coldest you’ve ever been? I will probably come across as a right sook, but as far as I can remember I have never gone below -2°C. For me, living in Australia, that was damn cold. Anything below 5°C is too damn cold. It has happened twice, once we were in the South Island of New Newland, down below TeAnau, so damn cold, snow and everything. The other time we were again in snow country at Mount Donna Buang, near Warburton, we were doing some night time photography in the middle of Winter – crazy stuff and so cold.
- Gratitude – it’s true there is ALWAYS something to be grateful for…I am grateful for spending a day with a friend playing in the studio. I also spent an afternoon with my Hubby in the studio, just some me time with people I love. I am grateful for two long weekends in a row, next week has only 2 business working days!
Add to all that the sun is shining, the weather is nice, (mostly) all is good with the world…I hope you all have a great week.
~ Julz, xo