This morning I woke to a cold house and an even colder world outside, my car was covered in frost and dew…Winter is Coming (and I am not just talking about Game of Thrones either). We have had such a glorious Autumn, sure there were a few miserable days in there, but mostly sunny and warm. We still had sun this morning but a little weaker, another reminder that colder days are soon to be here. It is also making typing this week’s SYW a little tricky, my fingers and stiff and cold, I need to keep stopping to wrap my fingers around a lovely warm cup of coffee.
- If you could interview anyone from your life living or dead, but not a celebrity, who would it be and why?
- As a child, did you have a nickname? Did you carry that with you throughout life or was it only in childhood that you used it? As a kid, I was always ‘J’, will probably always be J to my family, but now even my Mum calls me Julz lol. To everyone I know, I am still Julz. I had a few people give me Pet nicknames; Mouse, Bub, Hun – but that was only used but that ONE person.
- Give us three words that describe you: Creative, Tenacious, Loyal
I could also add stubborn, persistent, quiet, adventurous and a few more as well. It’s funny a few years ago, I would have sat here and come up blank, maybe because I was blank inside? I have done so much personal growth, as well as artistic growth, I guess I now know who I am, and that can only be a good thing.
- Sneaking into a second movie at the theatre (if you go to a movie house)? Is that wrong or just harmless ‘fun’? As a teenager I did it, I (and my friends) saw it as harmless fun, perhaps I still do. I so rarely go to a Movie House these days and I doubt I could sit through a second movie lol. I used to love the Movie Marathons, 3 or 4 in a row, Dusk til, Dawn…did you ever have those?
- If you had a time machine would you go back to the past or forward into the future? Why? I never seem to know HOW to answer this one, I would love to go back in time and slap myself around a bit “Grow Up” or maybe that should be ‘DON’t Grow up”…make better choices, but if I changed one single choice I would not be where I am – I currently like where I am. Perhaps go back further in time, meet Van Gaugh, Monet or Da Vinci…spit in Hitlers coffee? I could not change anything in history as again that would change the time paradox, which could prove disastrous. I mean Hitler was bad, but if he was killed as a child, we could have ended up with someone 10x eviler…it IS a possibility. So I guess going forward? How far into the future, I would not like to meet my future self. Perhaps one hundred years, my own children would be gone as well so I could see things through fresh eyes. I could look us up and see if my children lived a long and happy life? Maybe see what the future holds? What if it is disastrous, caused by something in our own time frame, then what? Time travel is also perilous and confusing, according to the best Sci-Fi shows and movies. I actually just re-watched Back to the Future with Michael J Fox the other day…how weird is that?
- What were you thankful for during April? April seemed such a busy month, I lost all of February travelling, then all of March sick, I hit the ground running in April, and have not stopped, don’t get me wrong I am not complaining, it has been great. The next couple of months are pretty full on too. I am grateful for the amazing weather we had over most of Easter and the ANZAC long weekend, nearly 10 days or fun in the sun, I got to see friends and have several adventures. What more could a girl ask for?
Where ever you are and whatever you do, I hope you are having an amazing week…
~ Julz, xo