Another week and another list of SYW questions from Melanie.
Do you snore? How do you know it, if you do? Hubby tells me I sometimes snore. Not like a freight train or anything, just a quiet roar lol. I know when I have a cold I do, but then I guess everyone does then, right? I can’t be too bad or I guess he would complain more often and louder…or sleep in the spare room.
What do you find funny? I guess I laugh at animals doing silly things, whether my own or online or TV. I often also laugh at people doing silly things, it’s bad but when someone falls over it is sometimes difficult NOT to laugh. Of course, I feel bad if they hurt themselves, but I still laugh. I like romantic comedies and funny films. But it is hard to express WHAT exactly makes me laugh.
What was the last furry thing you touched? The animals as I said goodbye this morning. I pretty much always give the dogs a pat goodbye, sometimes the cats don’t care, once they have been fed they are free to ignore me til dinner time! Chloe and Dexter the dogs, they love their pats and cuddles and Dexter usually sees me out the door, whereas Chloe will often curl up in bed with my daughter if she is still there. At 14, Ms Chloe likes her creature comforts.
How do you handcuff a one-armed man? To something external? I guess you could handcuff him to his leg, but it would be very uncomfortable. But a pipe, a chair or table, door handle in a car, to someone else? These I guess would all be options, but truth be told I have never thought about it lol.
An Attitude of Gratitude:
This week I challenge you to list five things you’re grateful for…
- Friday evening I got to shoot some mermaids at the beach. This is something I have wanted to do for a very long time, and it finally happened and was fantastic, sadly no sunset that was actually photo-worthy, but the models looked great!
- I managed to have a relatively quiet weekend, editing and pottering and watching movies and relaxing. Apart from Friday night I was an introvert all weekend and saw no-one apart from Hubby and the kid. Sometimes you need that to recharge the batteries, especially after the chaos of Friday’s nights shoot with 30 other photographers!
- Sometimes I worry too much about things, I have a class on Saturday and was worried I would have to cancel due to lack of interest. Last Friday I was thinking of cancelling the one student who booked. Fortunately, I didn’t, four days later and the class is SOLD OUT! Oh me of little faith lol. I worry when things don’t book out straight away, especially as I released all of Term One and some of Term Two classes in the first week of Jan…I don’t normally do that and only release one or two at a time. I need to learn patience and the classes generally do sell out…I just have to give people time to get their lives arranged and buy a ticket. I know it may sound egotistical, but this is my livelihood am I guess I am entitled to worry when things don’t sell.
- When people come to me for help and advice, as they think I am knowledgable and good at what I do. It makes me humble but also grateful that people appreciate the hard work I put into my business and my craft.
- Finally, come up with a class plan and agreement for a new Lightroom class I am teaching next Term at a Community House, this is one I was a guest teacher at last year and they have asked me back to teach a whole class…16 hours worth. It will be full-on over several weeks, but I am really looking forward to this opportunity.
Of course, as usual, I am forever grateful for my family and friends and the life I live, but I wanted to be a bit more specific with this list. I hope you are all having an amazing week, full of magic and wonderful things.
~ Julz, xo
P.S. Happy Valentine’s Day for those who indulge in it…