Now I know I am usually out and about during my holidays, but being confined to the house with an infirm dog and some unusually high humid and hot days meant we actually either stayed in and watched some movies, or went to the cinema. I’m not normally one to comment too much, I am not a very big movie critic, however;
- Fantastic Beasts and where to find them
- Truly phenomenal, can’t wait to see where this new series goes, loved every heart stopping minute, great characters and fantastic beasts, my girls both want a Nifler!
- Star Wars, Rogue One
- Was no sure at first, didn’t really like the last once much, but Disney came to the party on this one, different enough from the others to warrant a new series and a new audience. The characters were real, dirty, shabby and kick ass, the side kicks amazing LOVE K-2SO, the robot with attitude, no cute and fuzzy here folks, real adult action. Worth watching.
- Assassins Creed
- My Children and now hubby all play the Game of the same name, so I have seen enough that I was curious. We went with our daughter and son in law. Can’t say I was impressed, it didn’t make a huge amount of sense, apart from the peripheral Templar bad guys thing. Apparently if you have played the game you have been conditioned to accept jumping around and taking leaps of faith for things that you just simply do not understand lol. Erratic and loud would describe it. Totally unbelievable…….not that that is a bad thing I really like Charlie’s Angel Movies and Bruce Willis Die Hard films too 🙂
At home on TV
- Finding Dory
- As expected, cute, with morals and a happy ending, great for big kid and little kids. I enjoy a good Pixar movie, even if a little repetitive.
- Going in I had no idea what the plot really was, but man what a ride, sit on the edge of your seats thriller, without the blood and guts, loved it. Very matrix meets Hunger games; well sort of. It’s hard to explain as I have never seen anything like it. It’s Truth or Dare………..without the truth. Internet Game goes viral and turns deadly…….over the top, but it could happen.
- The Jungle Book
- To be honest I was expecting more…….I just found it a little lacking, but I am not sure why. Bill Murray was wonderful, as were all the other actors, it was beautifully made, just something I can’t put my finger on. Some pizzazz missing, don’t get me wrong I enjoyed it, just not glued to my seat enjoyed it. I was happy to check my Facebook and IG accounts while watching……..and that’s never a good thing during a movie.
So I saw sic movies, thoroughly loved three, enjoyed two, Assassin’s Creed was mildly entertaining for a little while, but I would never sit through it again. Would I play the game now I have seen the movie? Nope…….give me Tomb Raider any day, made more sense 🙂